Achieve your imagination through your robotRobotics Club of BRAC University
Achieve your imagination through your robotRobotics Club of BRAC University
Prof. Khalilur RahmanAdvisor
Dr. Md. Khalilur Rhaman is an Associate Professor in the School of Engineering and Computer Science of BRAC University, Dhaka. He is the Supervisor of BRAC University Robotics lab and the advisor of BRAC University Robotics club. The robot named CHONDROBT was designed and builds under his supervision. Different version of this Robot was regularly attending in NASA Lunabotics Mining Competitions. Dr. Khalil completed his Ph.D. from Kyushu Institute of Technology, Japan. His Ph.D. Research topic was Natural Language Processing but now his research is diverted into Robotics and embedded systems. His research interest also includes space science and engineering. Dr. Khalil would like to express himself as a lifetime student of Engineering.
• PhD of Engineering (Information Science) on 2009: Natural Language Processing, Department of AI, KIT, Iizuka, Fukuoka, Japan.
• Masters of Science (Computer Science) First Class on 1998 (Exam. on held on 2001): Institute of Science and Technology, National University, Bangladesh.
• Bachelor of Science (Computer Science) First Class on 1997: Institute of Science and Technology, National University, Bangladesh.
• HSC: 1994, Nowab Faizunnesa Govt. College, Laksham, Comilla Board.
• SSC: 1992, B. L. Govt. High School, Sirajganj, Rajshahi Board.
Robotics and Intelligent Systems
Advanced Artificial Intelligence
Neural Network and Fuzzy Systems
Digital System Design
Introduction to Computer
# Conducted courses on Robotics, Software Engineering, Advance Networking, 4th Generation Programming Language, Artificial Intelligence and other high level and Masters courses.
# Founder of BRAC University Robotics Lab.
# Founder adviser of BRAC University Robotics Club.
# Founder co-adviser of BRAC University Business and Economic Forum.
# Attended in NASA Lunabotic Mining Competition held in USA as a teacher advisor.
# Attended in a number of Seminars and workshops on IT and environmental issues in BRAC University
# Involve with some government projects like Digital World, E-Asia, workshop on ITEE/ITSS Certification Exam organized by JICA and ICT Ministry.
# Member of Core Facilitation team of BRAC University.
# Organizer of a number of Seminar and Symposium on ICT, Robotics and Embedded system at BRAC University.
# Had a number of national international media expose especially for CHONDROBOT and CHONDROBOT-2 project and English teaching to Japanese kids.
# Member of Digital Bangladesh Forum.
# Organizing School visiting activity to encourage students to make interested on Science and Technology.
# Supervisor of a number of Robots and academic research groups.
# Examiner and member of syllabus review committee of National University Bangladesh.
# Founder president of Sirajganj Information Technology Association (SITA), Sirajganj, Bangladesh.
 Mohona Gazi Meem, Onindita Afrin, Md. Mahabub Hassan, Md. Khalilur Rahman and Md. Farazul Bhuyan, “Eagle i-Bot: An Eye-controlled System”, International Organization of Scientific Research (IOSR) Volume 7, Issue 2, PP 23-28, 2012
 Md. Khalilur Rhaman and Tsutomu Endo, “Recurrent Neural Network Classifier for Three Layer Conceptual Network and Performance Evaluation”, Journal of Computers, Academic Publisher, Volume 5, Issue 1, PP 42-48, 2010
 Md. KhalilurRhaman, Sabbir Ahmed Khan, NarzuTarannum, “Robotics and Embedded Systems: An Emerging Sector for Bangladesh”, National Conference on Electronics for Digital Society, June-2014
 Pritom Chowdhury, S. S Kibria Shakim, Risul Karim and Dr. Md. Khalilur Rhaman, “Cognitive Efficiency in robot control–Emotiv Epoc”, 3rd International Conference on Informatics, Electronics & Vision (ICIEV-14), May-2014
 Md. Khalilur Rhaman , “AI in Robotics and Embedded Systems”, Workshop on Design and Implementation of Emerging Computing Systems WECS’13, Seminar Speaker.
 Dr. Md. Khalilur Rhaman, Md. Risul Karim, Mohammad Mahbub Alam, Md Sabbir Bin Azad, Miah Mohammad Emran Hassan, Mohammad Jonayet Hossain, Mohammad Shariful Islam, Md. Mashiur Rahman, Imran Farid Shuvo, Syed Shaiyan Kamran Waliullah, Rafquat Nizam, Mohammad Wasiul Haq, Abdulla Hil Kafi, Rubel Biswas, Syed Shakib Sarwar, Md. Zahangir Alom, “Engineering Paper on CHONDROBOT-3″, NASA Lunabotics Mining Competition, 2013
 Ahmed Hosne Zenan, Sanjana Ahmed, Md. Khalilur Rahman, Md. Mosaddequr Rahman, “A Multilevel Solar Panel System for Urban Areas”, 39th IEEE Photovoltaic Specialists Conference, Florida, June-2013.
 Md. Risul Karim, Syed Shaiyan Kamran Waliullah, Badruddin Kamal,Insan Arafat Jamil, Md. Khalilur Rhaman, Mumit Khan, “Automatic Will Enabled System of Multi-ModalOperation”, 2nd International Conference on Informatics, Electronics & Vision (ICIEV-13), May-2013
 Md. Khalilur Rhaman, Md. Mashiur Rahman Miran, Nusrat Jahan Khusbu, Nusrat Islam, Kudratullah Nahid and Sarah Binte Nasir Nabia, “2GCSS: Embedded Car Security System”, International Conference on Embedded Systems and Intelligent Technology (ICESIT), 2013
 Md. Khalilur Rhaman, Md. Jonayet Hossain, Kazi Mohammad Razin Anik, Mahmudul Hasan Oyon, Sarah Binte Nasir Nabia, Nabil Shaker Rahi, Bonny Amin Khan, Md. Mashiur Rahman Miran, Belal Hossain Bhuian, Md. Mosaddequr Rahman, “Engineering Paper on CHONDROBOT-2″, NASA Lunabotics Mining Competition, 2012
 Md. Khalilur Rhaman, Md. Jonayet Hossain, Kazi Mohammad Razin Anik, Mahmudul Hasan Oyon, Sarah Binte Nasir Nabia, Nabil Shaker Rahi, Bonny Amin Khan, Md. Mashiur Rahman Miran, Belal Hossain Bhuian, Md. Mosaddequr Rahman, “Chondrobot-2: A Simple and Efficient Semi-Autonomous Tele-Robotic Lunar Excavator”, 15th International Conference on Computer and Information Technology, ICCIT-2012
 Md. Khalilur Rhaman, Shiblee Imtiaz Hasan, Md. Jonayet Hossain, Kazi Mohammad Razin Anik, Mahmudul Hasan Oyon, Belal Hossain Bhuian, Md. Mosaddequr Rahman, “Engineering Paper on CHONDROBOT”, “A Simple Tele-Robotic Lunar Excavator”, International Conference on Advanced Computer Science Applications and Technologies – ACSAT, Malaysia, 2012
 Md. Khalilur Rhaman and Narzu Tarannum, “A Rule Based Approach for Implementation of Bangla to English Translation”, International Conference on Advanced Computer Science Applications and Technologies – ACSAT, Malaysia, 2012
 Md. Khalilur Rhaman, Shiblee Imtiaz Hasan, Md. Jonayet Hossain, Kazi Mohammad Razin Anik, Mahmudul Hasan Oyon, Belal Hossain Bhuian, Md. Mosaddequr Rahman, “Engineering Paper on CHONDROBOT”, NASA Lunabotics Mining Competition, 2011
 Narzu Tarannum and Md. Khalilur Rhaman, “An Initiative of Bangla-English Natural Language Translation using Case” in Audio Language and Image Processing (ICALIP), pp. 1106 – 1111, 2010
 Md. Khalilur Rhaman and Tsutomu Endo, “Three layer conceptual network dialog processor,” in The Twelfth IASTED International Conference on AI and Soft Computing, Sept. 2008, pp. 92-97.
 Md. Khalilur Rhaman and Tsutomu Endo, “Recurrent Neural Network Classifier for Three Layer Conceptual Network and Performance Evaluation”, in the 11th International Conference on Computer and Information Technology (ICCIT 2008) co-sponsored by IEEE, Dec. 2008, pp. 747-752.
Robotics, Embedded System, Intelligent System and Device, Smart System and Device, Image processing, Natural Language Processing, Energy Harvesting, Sensors Building and Analysis, Neural Networks, Fuzzy Systems.
Conferences, Talks, and Speaking Engagements:
# Invited Speaker of The Workshop on Design and Implementation of Emerging Computing Systems 2013 (WECS 2013)
# Invited Speaker of The Workshop on Robotics arranged by Engineering Students Association of Bangladesh (ESAB)
# Young talent scientist awarded by Junior Chamber International (JCI) Bangladesh on 2013
# Profiled in Daily Star’s 21st anniversary edition of young researchers/scientists
# Senior Judge of EATL National level mobile apps development competition.
# Senior Judge of ESAB National level Robotics competition.
# Supervisor of Lunabotic Mining Competition organized by NASA.
# Monbukagakusho Scholarship, Japanese Government.
# Research Assistant, Meisenkai, Japan.
# First Place in Japanese Speech Contest, Iizuka City Office, Japan.
# Research Scholarship from Science Museum, Dhaka, Bangladesh.
# A lot of Certificates, Books and Medals were prized in High school level for joining science fair, debate competition, Biswa Shahitto Kendro, BNCC etc.
– See more at: http://www.bracu.ac.bd/about/people/dr-md-khalilur-rhaman
Sound academic and research background.
MSc from North South University, Bangladesh on 2014
BSc from Southeast University, Bangladesh on 2010
Digital Logic Design
Lecturer, Daffodil International University, Dhaka. (May-2014 to December-2014).
Lecturer, Bangladesh International School and College, Dhaka. (Jan-2012 to April-2014).
Lecturer, CSE Department, Daffodil Institute of Information Technology, Banani, Dhaka. (From October 2010 to December 2011)
Lecturer (part-time), Southeast University, Banani, Dhaka.
Language Teacher (English),Wakana School, Iizuka, Japan, from 2005 – 2007.
 Narzu Tarannum, Sabbir Ahmed Khan, Shifur Rahman Shakil and Md. Khalilur Rhaman, “A Brief Overview and Systematic Approach for Using Agricultural Robot in Developing Countries”, Global Science & Technology Journal. Accepted 2015
 Narzu Tarannum and Nova Ahmed, “Efficient and Reliable Hybrid Cloud Architecture for big Database”, International Journal on Cloud Computing: Services and Architecture (IJCCSA) ,Vol.3, No.6, December 2013, pp. 17-29, ISSN 2231 – 6663, Indexed in DBLP.
 Narzu Tarannum and Nova Ahmed, “Hybrid Cloud Infrastructure to Handle Large Scale Data for Bangladesh People Search (BDPS)”, 3rd International Conference on Informatics, Electronics & Vision (ICIEV-14) sponsored by IEEE, 2014.
 Narzu Tarannum and Md. Khalilur Rhaman, “An Initiative of Bangla-English Natural Language Translation”, International Conference on Audio, Language and Image Processing (ICALIP), Shanghai, China-2010 sponsored by IEEE, pp. 1106-1111.
 Md. Khalilur Rhaman and Narzu Tarannum, “A Rule Based Approach for Implementation of Bangla to English Translation”, International Conference on Advanced Computer Science Applications and Technologies – ACSAT, Malaysia-2012 sponsored by IEEE.
 Md. Khalilur Rhaman, Sabbir Ahmed Khan, Narzu Tarannum, “Robotics and Embedded Systems: An Emerging Sector for Bangladesh”, National Conference on Electronics for Digital Society, June-2014.
 Narzu Tarannum, Sabbir Ahmed Khan, Shifur Rahman Shakil, Md. Khalilur Rhaman, “Robotics in Agricultural Sector Focusing on Developing Countries”, 10th Global Engineering, Science and Technology Conference, Dhaka, Bangladesh 2015.
 S.M. Mazharul Hoque Chowdhury, Priyanka Ghosh, Samia Nasrin and Narzu Tarannum, “Comparative Study Between Several Populer Search Engines”, Student Conference ICCIT-2014, Paper ID-9.
 Md. Abdur Rahman Uzzal, Shehenaz Afrin, Shahina Akter and Narzu Tarannum, “An Analysis of Greedy Algorithms for Optimization Problems”, Student Conference ICCIT-2014, Paper ID-28.
Seminar on “Cyber Security”, BRAC University, Mar-2015
Seminar on “RFID Technology Today: Long Range RFID”, BRAC University, Jan-2015
Seminar on “Embedded System Design and Robotics” held at DIU Auditorium Nov-2014
Seminar on “Cyber Security Awareness” held at DIU, Oct-2014
Seminar on “Data Mining Techniques and application” held at DIU, May-2014
The art of Communication, Conqueror, Dhaka, Bangladesh, February 2010.
Conferences, Talks, and Speaking Engagements:
Organizing Committee Member, ICCIT-2014, Dhaka, Bangladesh.
Paper presenter, 3rd International Conference on Informatics, Electronics & Vision (ICIEV-2014), Dhaka, Bangladesh.
Paper presenter, International Conference on Audio, Language and Image Processing (ICALIP), Shanghai, China-2010
In M.Sc.: Efficient and Reliable Hybrid Cloud Architecture for big Database and Experiment with Hadoop under Dr. Nova Ahmed.
In B.Sc.: “Bangla-English Natural Language Translation considering CASE” under Professor R.I. Sharif and ShahriarManzoor.
Design and Development of Bangla to English (B2E) Translator.
Analytical Study on Agricultural Robot.
Searching application for NID Database of Bangladesh using Distributed Computing System.
Implementation of Pattern recognition system using Neural Network in Math lab.
Implementation of an application of Neural Network in Optical Communication.
Implementation of DES and RSA in Cryptography course.
Implementation of a searching application for DNA in bio-informatics course.
Life 2020: A story named “Tech-Mate” was presented in Life-2020 competition arranged by Ericsson. Our team got third position where BUET got First and IUT got second position respectively. South-East University had chosen me as team leader for that event.
Achieved second position in Japanese Speech contest held in Iizuka, Japan on 2005.
AI Algorithms like NLP
Machine Learning etc.
– See more at: http://www.bracu.ac.bd/about/people/narzu-tarannum#sthash.oVsaWkB4.dpuf
Currently working as a lecturer at BRAC University, Dhaka, Bangladesh. He is the co-founder of PixeLizard Interactive, Founding member of Andromeda Space and Robotics Research Organization, Ex-President, Co-Advisor and Governing Body Member at BRAC University Robotics Club. He was the team leader of BRAC University Chondrobot-3 (NASA Lunabotics Mining Competition-4). He has completed graduation from BRAC University on February, 2013 on Computer Science and Engineering and completed HSC from Dhaka College and SSC from Faridpur Zilla School.
He developed expertise on various fields of Engineering. He was part of the team to create first ever massively multiplayer online game in Bangladesh. He also worked on motion based gaming and simulation system.
Beside works with game engine, he has studied different fields of robotics, embedded system and Artificial Intelligence.
BSc. in computer science and engineering, BRAC University (2009-2012)
Co-Advisor of Robotics Club, Cyclists Club. Research at Robotics Lab. Mentor of Game Development research group (Unity Team) at BRAC University
Automatic Will Enabled System of Multi-Modal Operation (IEEE Conference)
– Effective Green house system control (IEEE Conference)
– Intelligent Military Vehicle (IEEE Conference)
Game Development, Research on AI, Robotics, Electronics
Conferences, Talks, and Speaking Engagements:
1. Day With Android : Open Source Cross platform Game Engine (Organized by Robotics Club)
2. Mentoring Line follower Robotics at Robotics Lab
3. Game Developers group (Unity Team) activity
4. First Years Advising Team, Group Advisor
5. Tours with BRACU Cyclists Club, BRACU Heritage Forum.
6. Robotics and AI at ICIEV 2013
1. National Innovative Project Contest-2012, Champion
2. World Bank – Global Sanitation Hackathon- Best Project Award (both 2012 and 2014)
3. KUET Inter-university Tech Fiesta- 1st Runner Up
4. Muspana-RUET IEEE Microcontroller Based Project Contest: 1st Runner Up
– See more at: http://www.bracu.ac.bd/about/people/mr-risul-karim
Mr. Rubel BiswasCo-Advisor
My name is Rubel Biswas. I have completed my Master’s in Applied Artificial Intelligence from Dalarna University, Sweden and also completed MBA from IIUC. And I am currently involved in research work with Dr. Hasan Fleyeh; Associate Professor; Head of Dept. of CSE, Dalarna University, Sweden. My research inclination is towards intelligent transport system and intelligent data analysis.
M. Sc. in Applied Artificial Intelligence
Passing year(2011 ) Dalarna University, Sweden
Master of Business Administration
Passing year(2013 ) International Islamic University Chittagong
B.Sc. in Computer Science and Engineering
Passing year(2006 ) International Islamic University Chittagong
Higher Secondary Certificate (HSC)
Group: Science (2002); Board: Chittagong.
Secondary School Certificate (SSC)
Group: Science (2000); Board: Chittagong
Introduction to Computer Science, Operating System, Software Engineering & MIS, and Database Management System.
Title of Training: Industrial Training on PHP
Institute: Galacticos Inc. Bangladesh; Duration: 6 months.
Title of Training: Object Oriented Programming in .Net track.
Institute: BASIS; Duration: 1 month.
Title of Training: Oracle 8i.
Institute: New Horizons, Chittagong; Duration: 6 months.
Professor Name: Dr. Hasan Fleyeh; Head of the Dept of Dalarna University, Sweden
Designation: Personal Research Assistant of Dr. Hasan Fleyeh.
Department: Computer Engineering (Dalarna University).
Duration: From 1st February 2011 to 15th Oct 2011(Now working via online).
Company Name: IT Configure Systems Ltd.
Designation: Senior Software Developer.
Department: Software Developing; Database design.
Duration: From 1st August 2006 to 15th August 2009
1. AUTOMATIC MEASUREMENT OF RAIL LINE EXPANSION JOINT GAPS; IEEE International Conference on Vehicular Electronics and Safety. October 15, 2014.
2. MD. Zahangir Alom, Sakib Sarwar, Rubel Biswas,Moin Mostakim; REAL TIME OBJECT DETECTION SYSTEM BASED ON COLOR AND SPATIAL INFORMATION; International Journal of Computer and Information Technology, 2013; ISSN: 2279 – 0764.
3. Moumita Roy Tora, Rubel Biswas; DRIVING SUPPORTIVE SYSTEM FOR WARNING TRAFFIC SIGN CLASSIFICATION; International Organization of Scientific Researce- Journal of Computer Engineering (IOSR-JCE-2014) Accepted.
1. Samiul Islam, Rubayat Ahmed Khan, Rubel Biswas; Automatic Measurement of Rail Line Expansion Joint Gaps Using Morphological Processing; International Conference on Informatics, Electronics & Vision (ICIEV), Dec, 2014; (submitted).
2. Rubayat Ahmed Khan, Rubel Biswas, Samiul Islam; Automatic Detection of Defective Rail Anchors;17th International IEEE Conference on Intelligent Transportation Systems. October 8-11, 2014, Qingdao, China; (Accepted).
3. Rubel Biswas, Moumita Roy Tora, Farazul Haque Bhuiyan; LVQ AND HOG BASED SPEED LIMIT TRAFFIC SIGNS DETECTION AND CATEGORIZATION; International Conference on Informatics, Electronics & Vision (ICIEV), 24-25 May, 2014; ISBN: 978-1-4799-0397-9
4. Rubel Biswas, H. Fleyeh, Erfan Davami; TRAFFIC SIGN DETECTION USING ADABOOST BASED COLOR SEGMENTATION AND SVM CLASSIFICATION; IEEE EuroCon 2013 Conference, 1-4 July 2013. Zagreb, Croatia.
5. Rubel Biswas, Arif Khan, MD. Zahangir Alom,Mumit Khan; NIGHT MODE PROHBITORY TRAFFIC SIGNS RECOGNITION; International Conference on Informatics, Electronics & Vision (ICIEV), 17-18 May, 2013; ISBN: 978-1-4799-0397-9.
6. Rubel Biswas, H. Fleyeh, Moin Mostakim; DETECTION AND CLASSIFICATION OF SPEED LIMIT TRAFFIC SIGN; Proceedings of the WCCAIS International Conference on Computer Information Systems 17-19 January 2014, Tunisia.
7. MD. Zahangir Alom, Arif Khan, Rubel Biswas, Mumit Khan; AUTOMATIC SLICE GROWING METHOD BASED 3D RECONSTRUCTION OF LIVER WITH ITS VESSELS; Proceedings of the ICCIT International Conference,2013 ,Khulna, Bangladesh;
8. MD. Zahangir Alom, Arif Khan, Rubel Biswas, Mumit Khan; NIGHT MODE FACE RECOGNITION USING ADAPTIVELY WEIGHTED SUB-PCA; Proceedings of the ICCIT International Conference, Dec 22 – 24, 2012 Chittagong, Bangladesh;
9. H. Fleyeh, Nizam Uddin Bhuiyan, Rubel Biswas; PROHIBITORY TRAFFIC SIGNS DETECTION USING LVQ AND WINDOWED HOUGH TRANSFORM; Proceedings of the IICAI-11 International Conference, Dec 14-16,2011 India;
10. H. Fleyeh, Rubel Biswas, Nizam Uddin Bhuiyan; AN ADAPTIVE APPROACH TO DETECT WARNING TRAFFIC SIGNS USING SELF ORGANIZING MAPS AND WINDOWED HOUGH TRANSFORM; Proceedings of the Signal and Image Processing and Applications / 716: Artificial Intelligence and Soft Computing; June 22 – 24, 2011 Crete, Greece; SIPA 2011; DOI: 10.2316/P.2011.738-030.
Image Processing, Computer Vision and Neural Network.
Institution of Engineers, Bangladesh (IEB).
– See more at: http://www.bracu.ac.bd/about/people/mr-rubel-biswas#sthash.kqaKpzT6.dpuf
B M AbirPresident
MONIRUL ISLAM PAVELDirector of Logistics
Intisar HasnainDirector of Creative Division
Mahbubul AlamAssistant Director of Finance
Shifur Rahman ShakilResearch Assistant
M M Shaifur RahmanDirector of Research Division
Tousiful Islam DiptoDirector of Event Mangement
Abdullah Umar NasibDirector of Human Resource and Marketing
Interested in learning video editing but not sure where to start? Then this workshop is surely for you! For the first time, Robotics Club of BRAC University is arranging a "FULL FREE" workshop for the dreamers of video editors! Join the workshop & enhance your skill to dream, create, & learn what you were afraid about till tomorrow. Last date
Interested in learning 3D design but not sure where to start? Then this workshop is surely for you! For the second time, Robotics Club of BRAC University is arranging a "FULL FREE" workshop for the dreamers of 3d designing! Join the workshop & enhance your skill to dream, create, & learn what you were afraid about till tomorrow. Last date
Here is part 1 of the Arduino and L293D Robot.This is part of a series of instructables leading to a Line follower Robot. This is a basic Robot made by controlling two motors via the L293D chip through an Arduino Board. I have done this project in the past with similar set up just not with an Arduino Board.
Abstract SPACE Technology has the potential to provide information, infrastructure and inspiration that meets national needs in developing countries like Bangladesh. Many countries recognize this; in response they are investing in new national satellite programs to harness satellite services. Technology related to space is one example of a tool that can contribute to development both by addressing societal challenges and